A new Wisconsin voter is anyone who is not currently registered to vote in Wisconsin. You can check your voter registration status at MyVote Wisconsin website (https://myvote.wi.gov)
A completed Wisconsin Voter Registration Application (Form EL-131) and Proof of Residence must be submitted to the Town Clerk. This Application and Proof can be submitted at any time.
These documents constitute Proof of Residence if they contain the voter’s current and complete first and last name and residential address, and are valid on the day used to register to vote. Electronic versions are also acceptable.
- A WI Driver License/ID Card, if not expired or cancelled; may be used even if driving privileges have been revoked
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
- A real property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (Does not count as proof of residence if elector submits form by mail)
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with a fee receipt or an on-campus housing listing provided by the university, college or technical college
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
- (Homeless voters only) A letter from an organization that provides services to the homeless that identifies the voter and describes the location designated as the person’s residence for voting purposes
- A contact intake document prepared by a residential care facility indicating that the occupant resides in the facility
- A bank statement
- A paycheck
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
Complete the Wisconsin Voter Registration Application (Form EL-131).
Submit the completed Application and copy of Proof of Residence to:
Perry Town Clerk
1004 State Road 78
Mount Horeb, WI 53572
or email Application and scanned Proof to email@example.com.
The Application and Proof of Residence can be completed and presented at the polls on Election Day.