Assessor & Appeal Process

What if I disagree with the assessment or classification of my property?

Property Assessment Appeal

If you disagree with your assessment, sec. 70.47, Wis. Stats., grants you the right to appeal.  You are encouraged to first discuss your assessment with the assessor.  If you determine that you would like to proceed with an appeal to the local Board of Review (BOR), you must provide written or oral notice of your intent to file an objection with the Town of Perry Clerk at least 48 hours prior to the Board of Review meeting.  or by calling the Clerk at 608-437-4553.

Town of Perry Assessor

Accurate Appraisal, Inc.
PO Box 415
Menasha, WI  54952

phone: (920) 749-8098 or (800) 770-3927

Open Book

Some property owners have been notified of a change in assessment for 2016.  To read the letter from the assessor, click:  Accurate Appraisal Letter.

If possible, you should arrange to meet with your assessor prior to the BOR to examine your assessment records.  Assessors maintain a record of your property in the assessment roll.  “Open Book” refers to a period of time before BOR when the completed assessment roll is open for examination.  The assessor is required to be present for at least 2 hours while the assessment roll is open.  During this time, you are welcome to discuss your assessment with the assessor.

Board of Review

If you have decided to appeal to the BOR, you must file an objection form with the BOR clerk within the first 2 hours of the BOR’s first scheduled meeting.

As part of your appeal, you must present evidence proving the assessor’s value is wrong or your assessment will not be changed.

More information on the Appeal Process

The Wisconsin Department of Revenue has created a guide for property owners regarding the property assessment appeal process: