TOWN OF PERRY
10084 County Highway A
Mount Horeb, WI 53572
Located in the southwest corner of Dane County, the Town of Perry is thirty-six square
miles of gently rolling hills with abundant wildlife and rural beauty. (map)
Named in honor of Admiral Oliver Hazard Perry,
Naval Commander in the War of 1812
Population 737 (2017)
Town Of Perry Updates:
PROPERTY TAX COLLECTION INFORMATION
Tax bills were mailed on December 14.
Real estate taxes are payable in two installments – the first payment of 50% (but not less than $99.99) is due on or before January 31, 2018 and payable to the Town of Perry; the second payment is due and payable to the Dane County Treasurer on or before July 31, 2018.
Payment by mail is preferred, but payments can also be made in person on Saturday, December 30, 2017 from 9-11am, and Saturday, January 27, 2018 from 9-11am.
For a tax receipt, please submit the entire bill and a self-addressed, stamped envelope. No receipt will be sent without these items. If a receipt is not needed, return the bottom portion of the bill with your check. The tax receipt is not valid until your check has cleared all banks.
2018 DOG LICENSE COSTS
- All licenses expire on December 31, 2017 and must be renewed no later than March 31 of the following year.
- Fees are $10 for spayed or neutered dogs; $15 for unspayed or non-neutered dogs.
- To obtain a license, mail each of the following items to the Town of Perry Treasurer:
1. Current rabies vaccination certificate for each dog, which will be returned with your license(s). Service invoices are not acceptable proof; veterinarians will provide a vaccination certificate.
2. Check made payable to “Town of Perry” with self-addressed, stamped envelope in the exact amount.
2017 GIRAFFE AWARD RECIPIENT
DOUG NELSON, resident of the Town of Perry,
was a recipient of this honorable award!
Giraffe Awards are given to individuals or organizations who have courageously advocated and worked to build a better future for Wisconsin’s children and families—notably for children and families of color and those furthest from opportunity. In essence, they have “stuck their necks out for children, families, and community.” The 2017 Giraffe Award recipients were presented at the annual fundraising event Step Forward for Kids.
For a link to the biographies of this year’s recipients, please visit: http://kidsforward.net/2017-giraffe-award-recipients/
Dane County Sheriff’s Police Report
for Town of Perry 2016
FREE FIREWOOD AVAILABLE
Firewood available from the trees that were cut
down at the Hauge Historic District Park.
Please contact Royce Nelson or Mick Klein Kennedy
for the availability and location of the wood.
Royce Nelson cell: 608-444-6242
Mick Klein Kennedy cell: 608-843-3297